Sunday 16 March 2008

my mask!!!

So yesterday I went out to my favourite shop, the Danish Flower Art Farm in Highfields. The name is misleading as to why it is my favourite shop. While they do sell Danish Flower Art stuff (funny that) I actually go there for the beads. It is the best bead shop in Toowoomba and where I get almost all of my stock.

Yesterday, I bought a roll of silver 28guage wire, 100 clear czech crystals, and 100 swarovski crystals of assorted colours. I bought all of this to make my mask for my 21st birthday!!

When we got home, I got started. I had in my mind an idea of one of those gorgeous fascinators with the big flower and the net thing that goes over the face. Not a traditional mask, but I need to be able to wear my glasses. I had thought that I could make one of those ones that you hold up to your face with a stick but how can I dance with a stick in my hands???? Besides which, I'm the birthday girl and if I say this is a mask, then this is a mask .. lol.
So, I started last night... and I just finished it!!! It's so pretty - very happy with it. So I'm going to give my blog readers a sneak peek.

Here 'tis!!!!


Okay - I know this is blurry, but it shows the colours of the wire and stuff better than the one with the flash on: Photo 1...

And here is one with the flash on so you can see what it actually looks like if you have 20/20 vision.

What do you think?

2 comments:

  1. Very glamorous!! I guess that means my eh tweety bird mask is a bit eh YELLOW does it?? LOL I have bought one but want to enhance it just a tad!! I think Ali has one of those stick ones from Venice.
    Have a great week.
    Annie

    ReplyDelete
  2. sweet mask zo!
    dont know what i am going to do yet.
    see you on thursday!!
    love you.
    lexi xox.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you!!

 

Blog Template by YummyLolly.com