Monday 7 July 2008

Bunya Mountains

At the end of last week, my Mum, Dad, Oma, Pete and I spent two beautiful days at the Bunya Mountains. It was so lovely. We rented a gorgeous house, with amazing views and a yummy fireplace and spent the time veging out: reading, playing games, talking, eating, walking and just enjoying ourselves. So I thought I'd share some of our happy snaps :)

This is 'Hillcrest', the pretty house that we stayed in.



My Mum, me and my Oma having a rest in the middle of our 4km walk.



The view from the back balcony. This was taken on the last day which was a really foggy day. We got to experience all kinds of weather while we were up there, it was so cool.


Feed the birds.. tuppence a bag... My dad, the bird lady.. hehe


Dinner at the sole Bunya Mountains restaurant. It was INCREDIBLE. You wouldn't believe the food. I wish we had taken a photo it was presented so beautifully.


The lounge room of Hillcrest. With the lovely fireplace. Notice the wonderful windows and the amazing view they reveal...


Ooh this was a funny one. On the way out there, we were driving along this country road and there were two pigs: a gentleman big taking his lady out for a morning stroll (not feral pigs either). We made Pete jump out of the car to take a photo, but he wouldn't get very close. He was scared they'd charge him or something.

Mum and I standing in the hollow of a strangler fig tree. It's really cool, the path goes right through the middle.



That's all I have for now, I thought we'd taken way more photos than we have. Don't ya hate that! I think Pete's got a whole stack on his SLR camera... if only it were digital!!!

Anyway, we're in Noosa now for two weeks, hanging out, chillaxing. I don't want it to go too fast!!! I'm not ready to go back to uni.

1 comment:

  1. that would have been so much fun, spending time together like that :D

    ReplyDelete

Thank you!!

 

Blog Template by YummyLolly.com