Friday 31 October 2008

My awesome husband...

He has just done so brilliantly this year at uni and I am so proud of him!
I'm not sure if anyone will remember, but it was a really big deal for him when he got into uni, and he was quite nervous and worried about how he would go at it.
The first year or so was a bit of a struggle as he got used to writing assignments and things like that which he hadn't done for at least 5 years.

He is doing an education degree, minoring in early childhood. He did a prac last semester with a year 1 class, and enjoyed himself but lacked confidence and was quite disapointed in the rating he got. They range from 1:Outstanding, 2:Quality, 3:Satisfactory, 4:At risk. He got a 3, which is quite acceptable but wasn't what he wanted.

This semester he has totally thrown himself into his studies (I've hardly had to nag him to stay on task at all, lol) and has completely blown me away. He has not let me so much as look over his assignments (which I used to do because he wasn't sure of spelling and grammar) and has got brilliant results. He has improved so drastically in his spelling etc. and now churns out excellent assignments all on his own. His last assignment he got 35.5/40 for, and I think he even surprised himself.

He finished his prac last week, with a year 5 class and had an absolute ball. He's really blossomed and become so confident. He had so much fun on his prac, and did a lot of teaching with some awesome feedback from his mentor teacher. He ended up with a 2 and grinned for about 3 days! I nearly burst I was (and am) so proud of him. He loved working with the older kids, which I think surprised him, and related so well with them. He had a class full of fans, who were very sad when he left.

He is right now working on his last assignment for the year - it's a 2000 word essay about behaviour management in early childhood. The sort of thing that he would have crapped himself about 2 years ago (lol), and yet here he is, only managed to get it started on Wednesday because of other work he had to do, and he has submitted the thing already!! And it wasn't due 'til Monday!

This is the guy who at the age of 20 had never completely read a novel. These days I have to nag him to put a book down, lol.

He is feeling so reassured of his career and what he wants to do with his life, he is going to be such an awesome teacher and I wish I could be a fly on the wall and watch him teach one day!

I love him so much, and I especially can't wait to see him as a Papa. He is so in love with our baby, and I can't tell you how much that makes me fall in love with him all over again. Every night he lays his head on my tummy, and tells our bub that he loves and can't wait to meet him or her. Usually he is rewarded with a few swift kicks to the head, which he LOVES. He plays games with bub and pokes me tummy and bub pokes back, it's very cute. Bub loves Papa so much already, and if he is cuddling me or has his arms around me bub always snuggles up to whichever part of him is touching me. Aww I just love him so much, and I'm so proud of the amazing man he has become.

So yes, a shameless brag post but I just had to get it out. My husband is AWESOME!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you!!

 

Blog Template by YummyLolly.com