Sunday 21 December 2008

Ikea: or why shopping till you drop is not a good idea when you're 8 months pregnant

On Thursday, Pete and I and my family, and my family's youth pastor, Michelle tripped down to Ikea for the day. We left at some ridiculous hour (6.30am) and were home at about 7.30pm (!!!!!!)

We got to Ikea at about 8.30, only to find that they don't open till 9.30 on weekdays! We were meeting some other friends there for breakfast too. So we popped next door and moseyed around the shops near Spotlight for an hour, and were back to Ikea waiting for the doors to open when it was time. Breakfast was SO good (probably because we were starving by then).

Then we shopped. And shopped. My parents are starting to renovate their kitchen, so were intrigued by all the little display rooms, and we looked at every single one. That's my favourite way to do Ikea so it suited me! We finished off most of our christmas shopping, and I had a great time, even though I was waddling like a duck and suffering through painful braxton hicks for a lot of the day!

We left Ikea at around 2 or 3pm, I can't really remember, and then we went over to the Hyperdrome - at least I think that's what it's called. Some big shopping centre in any case. We ate some (late) lunch, and then hit more shops. We left there around 5.45pm.

So we had done all our christmas shopping, plus some last minute things for bubby. We were all totally exhausted by the end of the day, but that and the aching legs the next day were totally worth it.

Our Christmas shopping...


Mum & Alexie being silly sausages :P


Leaving Ikea. I think Jordan was hungry

Mich and Bethanie


My sore, sad, slightly swollen and sorry feet


My gorgeous husband :) Feeling triumphant after a day's successful spending


Papa & Mich

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you!!

 

Blog Template by YummyLolly.com