Monday 12 January 2009

40 week appointment

Well things went okay... not brilliant but okay.
Good things: No weight gain at all, baby is still head down and another fifth engaged, baby's heartrate is good.

Bad things: Blood pressure :(

My doctor thinks I may have developed Pregnancy Induced Hypertension. It's not as bad as pre-eclampsia and doesn't have has many associated risks. It's biggest risk is that it can age the placenta, and put the baby into distress. At the moment the baby is very happy in there so it's nothing to be frightened about at the moment. It also means that I may be more likely to need an epidural for BP reasons. In any case, I got bloods done just to rule out pre-eclampsia just in case.

My doctor rang the hospital's obstetrican to confer, and they've decided that I need to have another checkup on Wednesday, and if my BP is still elevated we will go from there. From what I can gather, if it is still playing up, my 41 week appointment (meant to be next Monday) will be moved forward, and they may start to talk about an induction date, OR I may need to go into the hopsital for monitoring of the baby. We'll see. I'm not too worried to be honest. I would ideally prefer not to be induced and just go naturally (of course), but it's not that much of a drama if I do have to be induced. At the end of the day, whatever it takes to get this baby out healthily is okay with me! My doctor doesn't seem to think bubs will be making an appearance in the next couple of days (poo) but we'll see...

So there's my drama for today ;)

Other than that, all is good - just totally exhausted from a crappy sleep last night. Blah.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you!!

 

Blog Template by YummyLolly.com