Thursday 19 March 2009

2 months of mummy-hood

Yesterday, my baby girl was two months old! In some ways, it feels like yesterday that we bought her home, but in a bigger way I can hardly remember what our life was like without her. It’s like she filled a hole we didn’t even know existed. She is such a blessing to us, and brings such joy to our lives. I didn’t know you could love this much! Becoming a mum has given me such a new revelation of how God feels about us. And yet, what I feel for Mayana is a fraction of what God feels for me! It amazes me every day. I love being a mum, I feel like I was born to do this, and there’s nothing that makes me happier than watching Peter with our daughter.

We’ve had a big day today. Mayana had to have her 2 month needles. They give two needles, which immunise against diptheria, tetanus, pertussis, polio, hep b, haemophilius influenzae, whooping cought and pneumococcal, plus an oral vaccine against rotarvirus. Poor little chicken!!! She did very well though. Pete held her for the needles (just worked out that way as he already had her because I’d had to have a blood test), but as soon as the second one was administered I fed her to calm her down, which worked really well by the way! It was a bit heart-wrenching to watch her have them… with the first one, it took her a couple of seconds to register the pain and then her whole body stiffened and she started screaming her lungs out. The nurse was great though, and did the second one as quickly as she could so I could feed her, and once she was feeding she calmed down very quickly. She has made herself hoarse from screaming so much though! She has been very sleepy and snuggly every since, and had a little bit of a temp but nothing that a bit of baby panadol won’t fix. She did so well, and Mama was pretty brave too ;-)

Mayana was also weighed and measured at the doctors. She now is 52cm in length, and weighs 3510g, or 7lbs 12oz! My doctor is so impressed, and said that Mayana is thriving and doing extremely well. I’m so proud of her :-) Hopefully, she will soon fit into some of her 0000 clothes. At the moment she only fits 0000 wondersuits, and the rest is huge on her. It’s a shame because we had so much 0000 summer stuff, and it’s nearly too cool here in Toowoomba for her to use it! Looks like we’ll have to by a stack of 0000 winter stuff. The good news is though, once she reaches 000, we won’t have to buy her a thing until she’s about four I reckon! lol.

Anyway, I must off and rescue my daughter from the bath… she’s been having one with her Papa but from the sounds of it, she’s had enough!

Later!

1 comment:

  1. Zoey Its great to hear motherhood suits you so well. I agree It is amazing the love you feel from them from day one. She is an adorable little girl and you and peter are briliant parents! Take care Renee

    ReplyDelete

Thank you!!

 

Blog Template by YummyLolly.com