Wednesday 4 March 2009

Meet my new friend...


My new Overlocker!! (Or overlapper if you're my pop). It's soooo cool. It was a bargain buy from Aldi, and I've already used it to make myself some nappies. I found a pattern for prefolds here, and whipped up 6 in a couple of hours... for about $4! Very happy with myself. Now I'm just waiting for my nappy covers so that I can use them with minimal leakage ;-) I'm looking forward to trying them out!

But I will use this for many other things than nappies. I have some gorgeous material that I have plans for - a pretty dress for my pretty daughter... So between this, and the Husqvarna sewing machine I am babysitting for our good friends Daniel & Katherine while they are living in Scotland, I'm set for as many sewing projects as I can make time for... including finishing off some projects from last year, like my quilt etc. And my awesome new overlocker will make it all *that* much easier...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you!!

 

Blog Template by YummyLolly.com