Sunday 31 May 2009

family

May 09 00084

Even after nearly four years of marriage (wow!!) I still wake up some days and get such a buzz when I see my husband sleeping there next to me, and remembering that we have a beautiful little daughter sleeping (or awake, lol) in the room across the hallway.

After growing up in the best family I can imagine growing up in, I now have my own family. Some days I still can’t get my head around it!

I was raised to place a lot of value on family, apart from God, it’s the one constant in my life – we will always be there for each other, and I know that if I ever need anything I could call any member of my family and they’d be there for me in a heartbeat.

My Mum and Dad have such a big impact in my life. Aside from being some of my closest friends, I everyday appreciate the way they raised me, prayerfully, with wisdom and love, and always with my best interests at heart. I love that they brought me up in the ways of God, and that they are such incredible role models for marriage and for parenthood – for both myself and Peter. We look up to them big-time, and totally value their input into our lives. We also love that they encourage us to live our lives, to make a life for ourselves and to be our own people.

My brother and sisters bring great joy to my life. I am so loving watching them grow up, watching their personalities develop, and just hanging out with them. They are so funny, and loving and kind and generous. Being married and living away from them has given me such a different perception of them all. I also love seeing them as uncles/aunties to Mayana – it’s so precious and I love sharing her life with them. I miss them SO much some days!

I love that my family has accepted my husband as one of their own – each of them absolutely adore Pete, and totally consider him as one of us. It makes me so warm and fuzzy knowing how well my husband and family get along with each other.

I can’t wait till December when our whole clan is off for a holiday to Perth together – I love that we can do stuff like that!

It’s so exciting that Peter and I now have our own family, and it is our responsibility to instil these same values into our children. We want to raise our children to live for God, and to have a relationship with Him. I so crave for our family to feel about each other as mine does. When our kids are teenagers, I want them to want to hang out with us, like we do with my parents. I want my daughter(s) to look forward to going out to coffee with me on a Saturday morning. I want my family to love family as much as I do.

It’s such an exciting time for us, moving from couplehood to parenthood… a ‘family unit’… such big responsibility, so much to consider and to plan for. I’m looking forward to seeing where life takes us as our family expands.

May 09 00096

1 comment:

Thank you!!

 

Blog Template by YummyLolly.com