Thursday 28 May 2009

Sweet Veggie Tales

We are a real Veggie Tales family. We love them. Mayana has quite a collection - about 10 different CD's, and we are starting a DVD collection too. They are just so cool, and super cute.

Every night, while I get Mayana ready for bed, I play the Veggie Tales CD, "Junior's Bedtime Songs"


I feed her, burp her and snuggle her as we listen to the cute little animated veggies singing lullabies.

My favourite song on the album is one that Junior Asparagus's mummy sings to him, called "One in a Million".

And every time it gets to this song, I get a lump in my throat. It's embarrassing to admit, but it's the truth. My mummy-emotions get the best of me. I snuggle my girl extra close, close my eyes and kiss the top of her head and just love her. It's one of my favourite moments of every day.

Way up above us, twinkling bright,
There must be a million stars in the sky tonight, tonight.
But don’t you worry, no need to cry,
You are the only twinkle that’s in my eye, tonight.

You’re more than one in a million,
No one can take your place,
Though I could try,
There’s no way that I could ever forget your face,

You’re more than one in a million,
No other ever could do,
Cause not even one in a million, could ever compare to you,
Could ever come close to you.

Through all the laughter, through all the tears,
Whenever you need me, I will be standing here, right here.
No need to wonder, don’t ever fear,
Though you may wonder,
I’ll always be right here, right here.

You’re more than one in a million,
No one can take your place,
Though I could try,
There’s no way that I could ever forget your face.

You’re more than one in a million,
No other ever could do,
Not even one in a million, could ever compare to you,
Could ever come close to you.
Could ever come close to you
*sigh*

3 comments:

  1. the Veggie tales dvds are so cool
    my boys have quite a few of them :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. The DVD's are great! My favourite VeggieTales song of all time is "Where is my Hairbrush?" it's just so funny and ridiculous, and my fav story is the chocolate bunny one where they have to worship the big chocolate bunny. Great way to tell bible stories to kids!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh Zoey, I love this song too! I especially love to come in to kiss them good night (again), when they're fast asleep & look like angels, after we've had a somewhat tough day with behaviour, etc. And when this song's playing when I do that, it makes my eyes well up.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you!!

 

Blog Template by YummyLolly.com