Monday 22 June 2009

Honeymooning

blogthis challenge five | holidays...

My favourite holiday of all time would have to be my honeymoon. I know it might sound cliched, but it's true.

What's not to love? Not only was it my first holiday overseas, to an amazing country with the most incredible scenery I have ever seen, where we were able to experience the wonder of snow for the first time... it was also my first ever holiday with my HUSBAND!!!

Such a lovely way to spend our first two weeks as a married couple - sharing all those 'firsts' together (okay, don't say dirty it's too easy). We toured around the South Island of New Zealand. I organised the entire trip, booked places to stay, researched tourist attractions... We had the time of our lives. I'd go back in a heartbeat.

We drove around the entire island, did all the daggy (and not-so-daggy) tourist stuff, got to experience a freak late-year snowstorm (which we like to think God put on just for us!), held hands everywhere we went while we gazed at our shiny new wedding rings, were sickeningly cutesy calling each other 'husby' and 'wifey' the whole time (oh wait.. we've not actually ever stopped that... lol). I had the best time, and I'm so happy I got to have my first real big travel experience with my favourite person.



| A little spot where we stopped for a picnic, somewhere between Christchurch & Dunedin |


| Our destination on our Franz Josef Glacier hike. So incredibly exhilarating! |


| Awww love letters in the snow! |


| Our lil snowman |

| In beautiful Queenstown, with my beautiful HUSBAND |

5 comments:

  1. Ooh! Looks beautiful! I want to go to New Zealand!

    I would have to say my favourite holiday would be going to Israel in January. It was pretty awesome- life changed and what not.

    You're totally right about holidaying with your husband being the BEST. I wish sometimes I could just take Luke back in time so he could experience all the other things I've done!

    ReplyDelete
  2. gorgeous, we've only ever managed the top of the North Island but still fell in love with it and intend to go back.

    Love your lil snowman so cute.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's so lovely, and very sweet photos, too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ahhh....the memories, we absolutely LOVED New Zealand when we were there last year, though we didn't get to experience any snow - only on the peaks of those glorious mountains - I've always said, God must of have fun creating NZ!! Just beautiful xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love that fresh faced look that newlyweds seem to have, like love bursting at the seams! Beautiful post.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you!!

 

Blog Template by YummyLolly.com