Tuesday 25 August 2009

I've just finished reading...

Time for another new blog segment. Seeing as how I read sooooo many books (check out my safari shelf in my sidebar ---->) I thought I might as well review some of them here on my blog.

So to kick things off...

I've just finished reading...



I have actually read it before. However, I think I must have sped-read it when we first bought it - with people lined up to read it, because there is soooooo much of it that I didn't remember!

I love the Harry Potter series. I was completely uninterested and didn't start reading them until a couple of years after the first few came out, but once I started I couldn't stop. I think J.K. Rowling is a fantastic author, and has a real knack of drawing you completely into the story- into a whole other world. And that's my favourite type of book.

Only problem is, you love it so much that the fact that this is the last book in the series is really sad and disappointing.

This book is SO intense. The movies (I hear it will be made into two) of this book are going to be terrifying, and I definitely wouldn't let my kids watch it until they're at least 13. I probably wouldn't even let a pre-teen read the book! It's pretty dark, and has some pretty adult themes. And so many beloved characters die! [please don't tell me I'm the only one who shed a tear when Dobby the house-elf died]

I have to admit, even though I do like the little epilogue/19 years later section at the end of the book, it is just a little corny. And seriously, Albus Severus is not a cool name, even if it is sentimental. But despite that, you've gotta love how all those loose ends tie up so beautifully and everyone's lives work out in the end.

I love the book, I love the series, and I can't wait for the next movie to come out!

{Stay tuned.. next I'm reading an auto-biographical-type book by Richard Hammond, of Top Gear fame}

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you!!

 

Blog Template by YummyLolly.com