Wednesday 7 October 2009

watchya got cookin'!?

Back again for another one of those segments. I've been slack with them because we've somehow managed to be away a fair bit lately. In fact this week's list is only good for one week instead of a fortnight, because we spent most of the fortnight on the Sunshine Coast.

So here it is:

Wed- Spaghetti Bolognaise

Thurs- Sushi (which is my darlingest husband's 'thing', and he makes the best sushi EVER, usually with chicken schnitzel, cucumber, carrot, capsicum, mayo and pickled ginger filling. Mmmm).

Fri- Fish & Chips. Well actually this week's is a slight variation. We're going to buy fresh salmon, and pan fry it in butter so that the skin is nice and crispy, but the fish is still that lovely slightly rare texture (okay so I'm drooling right now), and instead of chips I bought some "European Hashbrowns" from Aldi, because they looked really yummy. And I'm going to make a big salad, because I love them.

Sat- Slow cooked beef casserole. One of the main reasons I'm making this one is because I'm running out of dinners for Mayana. She likes beef casserole.

Sun- Lemon & Zucchini Risotto

Mon- Kangaroo Roast

Tues- Home-made pizzas. We use a lebanese-flatbread/wrap type bread for the base, and top with things like pesto, sundried tomatoes and feta cheese. Yummo.

Wed- Left over / takeaway night.

So, that's what we've got cooking this week. Not my most exciting menu. Remind me to share with you a delicious recipe that I recently got for a low-fat fettucine carbonara which takes about 15 minutes to whip up. Definitely a winner.

What yummies have you got planned for this week??

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you!!

 

Blog Template by YummyLolly.com