Friday 20 November 2009

10 months

The Mayana Berry was 10 months old on Wednesday. Double figures! I’m really loving this stage. I love every stage.. I can honestly say that I have enjoyed every different stage my baby has gone through so far. But this age is just SO much fun! Mayana has so much personality and she’s so cheeky and she’s just a lot of fun to have around.

She’s well and truly on the move. She can really take off when she’s crawling and she loves to hide and crawl under and through things. She really keeps us on our feet. She stands up on anything that stays still for long enough and walks around holding onto furniture and loves her walker. She can stand up on her own in the middle of the floor and can take one step. I don’t think walking is too far away!

She is so cheeky and his this most awesome crooked smile that she pulls when she knows she’s being a little bit naughty. It’s hard to be stern with her when she pulls that one! She’s really starting to understand what we’re saying to her and responding to us. For example, she constantly puts things in her mouth, but now, if we go up to her and say, “Mayana spit it out!” she immediately pokes her tongue out and spits whatever it was into our hands. If you ask her for a cuddle she snuggles into you, puts her little arms around you and pats your shoulder, as if to say, “I love you!”.

Her favourite word is “Jack!” which means dog. Jack is one of my parent’s dogs and Mayana loves him. So now, all dogs are Jack- any shape or size. Even if she hears a dog bark across the street she will sit up and point and exclaim, “JACK!!!”. The other day a barking dog woke her up early in the morning and we hear her over the monitor mumbling, “Jack… Uh-Uh Jack!!” in her croaky morning voice. It was so cute!

She also says (in context), Mama, Papa, Opa, dat (that- when pointing at things), dere (there- when we play peek-a-boo..- as in there she is!), ta, and Bah- (which is the word we say when she does a stinky nappy).

She is obsessed with her Kami (my mum). If she has to make a choice between Mama and Kami, Kami wins almost every time. She also thinks Opa is pretty special, and thinks Oom Jordan is hilarious. My brother and sisters love how she recognises and knows exactly who they are now, and has little games and things that she does especially with each of them.

She learns so much every day and every day is just a huge adventure with her. She finds everything so exciting.

She really is such a delightful child. There’s no other way to put it. She lights up a room with her cheeky toothy grin and massive baby-blues. She loves freely and fully and melts my heart every day.

There is nothing better than the feeling of those chubby little arms creeping around my neck as she snuggles into me, patting my back.

I love her to bits, and I would not have life any other way.

Happy 10 months, precious daughter of mine.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you!!

 

Blog Template by YummyLolly.com