Thursday 19 November 2009

crochet queen

Okay, so maybe not. I’m just a beginner afterall.. but I’ve unleashed a beast. I LOVE crocheting! Endless possibilities… I’m a little addicted.

Aside from my cutsie crocheted flower headbands, this is some of what I’ve been doing:

S7304703

My first ‘granny square’. I’ve been finding awesome patterns and youtube vids and teaching myself. I’m not sure what to do with this. I was thinking a scarf, but I bought el-cheapo wool to play with and I think it will be a bit scratchy. I might make a few more and make it into a cushion cover or something. Cute though, huh?

S7304702Grandma hand-towel. I love these. They’re super useful. We use them in both the kitchen and the bathroom. My Great-Grandma gave me a whole stack of them just before she died (which was just before I got married) and the ones she gave me have just about worn through. I got my Nanna to make me a stack more, and then decided that I wanted to learn how to do it too. She obligingly taught me. I actually remember her trying to teach me when I was about eight, once I got knitting down-pat. She got frustrated and gave up, because apparently I hold the crochet-hook wrong. But it works for me, and I got the hang of it quickly this time.

This handtowel is headed to the lovely Amy. I’m thinking of whipping up a few more and putting them on my madeit shop.

Any excuse to crochet! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you!!

 

Blog Template by YummyLolly.com