Sunday 28 February 2010

Yummy Yummy Dinner

My favourite salad at the moment is this delicious Thai beef salad. It’s sooooo easy to make, and very, very yummy.

So I hope you enjoy it too.

You will need:

* A couple of handfuls of baby spinach or rocket, or some other variety of leafy greens

* 1 punnet of cherry tomatoes, halved

* 1/2 a red onion, sliced

* 1 piece of steak, cooked then sliced into thin strips

* A couple of sliced mushrooms, which I usually cook off a little while I’m cooking the steak

* 1 sliced cucumber (unless it’s one of those really long continental ones, then you’ll only need half)

* A chunk of feta cheese, cut into small cubes (not strictly thai I know, but it just fits so well in this salad!)

Combine these ingredients. You can do this in a salad bowl, but I prefer to use a serving platter and just layer the ingredients evenly.

Then you make the dressing, by whisking together:

* Juice of 1 lemon

* 2 tablespoons of soy sauce

* 1 tablespoon of fish sauce (which is stinky, but really makes this dressing so delicious, so don’t skip it!!!)

* 1 tablespoon crushed garlic

* 1 (or more) tablespoons of finely chopped corriander. I use the one you can buy in the tube, because it keeps for longer, meaning I can always have it in my fridge. If you chop fresh stuff, use about half a bunch or so. I always use more than the recipe says, because I love it!

Pour your dressing over the salad, and serve ASAP. Enjoy!

IMGP0329

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you!!

 

Blog Template by YummyLolly.com