Saturday 13 March 2010

phooey to you

Okay, so I for one am SOOOO over all this crap about the cricket player and the… model??? or whatever she is. You know. The shower photo- released by the (very married) guy she had an affair with once, the break-up… the top news story of every single bulletin this week because apparently no real news has happened in this country lately!  So over it, and so don’t care.

Except about the thing I saw on one interview today. Where this lady (roaring feminist-type) started going on about how it’s all for the best that they’ve broken up, because they’re too young to get married anyway. You shouldn’t even think about getting married until you’re thirty. She’s only twenty-two and you don’t even know what you want when you’re that young, let alone who you want to be with for the rest of your life.

It makes me mad! So apparently I’m this mindless, young, immature baby who knows nothing about what I want for my future. Apparently my marriage and my life is doomed because I made the ‘mistake’ of falling in love and getting married when I was only eighteen.

People think it a lot. Someone was even overheard at my own wedding saying, “I give them two years” (!!!!!)

Well, I’m only twenty-two now. So clearly I don’t know what I’m talking about, but I’m pretty sure I like the path my life is on. I love being married, and why would I have wanted to wait another twelve years to begin the rest of my life with the man that I love? Um. I wouldn’t.

Get over yourself silly old feminist lady. And stop judging the young. It ticks me off.

And by the way… media… get off the bandwagon about this couple. NO ONE CARES!!!!

5 comments:

  1. Amen!! I agree with this 100%- so annoyed when people think we're too young to be married!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well said Zoey!! I too am super over this story - I am sure there is more intelligent news out there the media can be reporting on!

    And what does she know? Being married young was the best thing I did - I get to spend more time with my best friend - who wants more than that? :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Married at 20 and still married 22 years later and koving it!!!!! What is she talking about?
    Tan Tan

    ReplyDelete
  4. Totally agree with you!, i met my amazing husband at 18 got married just before 20 and nearly 7 years and two beautiful baby girls later, am loving life!! Sarah Young (you might remember me from C.O.C days as Sarah Craig!)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey Sarah!
    Of course I remember you :)
    I knew you had gotten married and had one baby - your mum and her hubby were going to my parent's church for a while - but I didn't realise you'd had a second -- congratulations!

    Thanks for commenting on my blog - this issue really gets on my nerves, lol. There should be more people like us in the world!

    Zoey x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you!!

 

Blog Template by YummyLolly.com