Tuesday 10 August 2010

When do we grow up…

When do we make the change, from being wonder-filled, happy and full of light little people… into grumpy, stressed, over-analytical big people.

I watch my daughter, and she just amazes me.

She is so vivacious, and happy. She takes delight in little things, like birds on the fence, the owls that are printed on the feet of her sleepy-suit, a pink balloon, picking up pegs in the yard.

She loves with abandon, and with her whole heart. She comforts others when they’re sad. Her face lights up when she sees the people she loves. And her cuddles and kisses are the best in the world.

She learns something new every day, and it always excites her.

She knows when she does something good, and something right, and it makes her happy. She claps and laughs and does it again.

If she’s scared or sad or hurt, she knows she just has to call out to me, or her Papa, and that we’ll be there and we’ll make everything right in her world. 

She loves to draw, and make music, and play and eat… and most importantly, she doesn’t care what anyone thinks of her. In fact, it doesn’t even factor in her thinking.

She amazes me. She inspires me. And I wish I could be just a little bit more like her. 

How about you?

1 comment:

  1. Aww, beautifully written. There is something so pure about how a child views the world. x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you!!

 

Blog Template by YummyLolly.com