Sunday 12 September 2010

Five Years

On Friday, the 10th of September, we celebrated five years of wonderful wedded bliss.

The day started by Pete kissing me goodbye at about 6.30am, as he headed off to school to go and help at the district interschool sports competition. Romantic huh?

So our time together didn’t really start until he got home at about 4.30 in the afternoon. Nana and Pop had decided to go spend the weekend over in the shed, so we had the house to ourselves which was very lovely of them.

We had a very nice evening just hanging out, we ate Nachos and Tim Tams, watched movies, and just enjoyed being together. It was truly lovely.

I gave Peter his gift, but mine still hasn’t arrived yet… which to me is cool, it just extends the celebration a little. I got pretty clever with Pete’s gift. The ‘modern’ traditional gift for the 5th wedding anniversary is silverware. So this is what I got for Pete: IMGP5753They’re from a little business called ‘See Sam’ (I seriously can’t recommend them highly enough) which I found through my friend Naomi. I got to choose the words I wanted, and thought that the mis-matched cutlery would add to the quirkiness of my gift.IMGP5756Peter, bless his heart, LOVES them :-)

It’s seriously crazy to think that we’ve been married for five years already. I still remember our wedding day in great detail, as if it were yesterday, but in so many ways, I feel like we’ve been together forever.

I love being married to him, and I love our marriage. We fit so well together and life together is better than I imagined. And best of all, it gets better all the time.

When we head to the coast on the weekend (school holidays whoopee!!) we’re going to have a real proper date, and at the end of the year, when the craziness of uni and moving are over, we’re hoping to have a night or two away somewhere.

So happy anniversary to us!!!

1 comment:

Thank you!!

 

Blog Template by YummyLolly.com