Monday 27 December 2010

Christmas Day in Pictures (and a few words)

You know you’ve had way too much fun when you plug your SD card into your computer and realise you’ve hardly taken any photos. We did have a wonderful day though, so here are the moments we did manage to capture…IMGP7073

Our Christmas table… can you tell who decorated it? 

IMGP7078

No, we didn’t eat the baubles for breakfast. And yes, my dad did make that joke.

IMGP7084

Mayana played the part of Santa’s Lachlan’s Lil Helper. He would pick a present from under the tree, and she would deliver it to the appropriate person, then return the scrunched up wrapping paper to Lachlan’s bag. 

IMGP7086

This was Mayana’s first present of the day. As soon as she saw the colour she knew it was “Wiggle Dor-y” (aka Dorothy the Dinosaur).

IMGP7092

They’ve been pretty much inseparable ever since. 

IMGP7095

Even our 11 year old Jack Russell, Jack, got in on the fun. And same as every year, his present was no sooner ripped open then it was buried in the back yard for later.
 

IMGP7103

Mayana LOVED her present from “Grandma” Suki & “Grandpa” Ron. She kept it around her neck while she opened all of her other presents.
 

IMGP7104

Jordan & Bethanie spent the better part of the afternoon assembling the lovely dollhouse Jordan got Mayana.
 

IMGP7107

I made my first ever Pavlova (from scratch), and topped it with cream, crushed crunchie bar, a raspberry coulis and frozen raspberries. Yum!

IMGP7109

Alexie made a delicious rocky-road themed ice-cream pudding cake. Yummo!

And in case you were wondering, I was very spoiled this Christmas. I got a gorgeous ring and dress from my secret santa (my mum!), and my husband totally outdid himself, and got me a hair dryer, mini hair straightner, and a Wii game I wanted. He asked Mayana what she wanted to get Mama, and she replied, “Ummm a cup of tea”. So they went and chose me a gorgeous glass teapot.

It was a lovely day, I just can’t believe that Christmas is all over for another year!

I hope yours was as wonderful as ours x

1 comment:

  1. I cant believe Christmas is all over either. I love the photo of Mayanna and her Dorothy... so cute. And those desserts... YUMMO!!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you!!

 

Blog Template by YummyLolly.com