Thursday 16 December 2010

Yummy Yummy Breakfast 2.0

Remember this?


I hope you've tried it, because it is a delicious breakfast!

And I have great news for you... because making bircher museli just got easier!

I'm not sure if I've said, but my miss Mayana became intolerant to lactose about six months ago. So the problem was the yoghurt in the bircher. You can buy lactose-free yoghurt, but it's expensive and comes in tiny tubs, so we had to rethink our recipe. And the good news is that the new recipe is super-duper easy and just as yummy as ever.

So all you do is put your rolled oats in a container (I don't measure anymore, I just about 3/4 fill the container I use for bircher) - but don't use toasted, or the instant ones. Then add whatever yummies you so desire. I usually put in some pumpkin and sunflower seeds, some chopped almonds, craisins, and a handful of frozen mixed berries (because the look on Mayana's face when she discovers "bluebrees" in her "bir-bir" is priceless). Then you pour juice into the mix until the oats are *just* covered. I've been using cranberry juice in an effort to keep Mayana's dreaded UTIs away, but you can use whatever you like! Then add a squirt of lemon juice, mix it all up and pop it in the fridge!

Leave it to soak overnight, and then serve it with a spoonful of yoghurt. This works the best for us because Maisie can have her lactose free "yo-yo", and we can have ours. I also like to grate an apple and put some of that on top in the morning. YUMMM!!

So try it! I dare you!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you!!

 

Blog Template by YummyLolly.com