Sunday 20 March 2011

Willow Tree

Willow Tree

On the weekend, my brother and sisters and I were asked to perform at a flood charity event as the supporting act for the wonderful Walmsley Brothers.

It was very exciting for us! We are a very musical family, and there is almost always a guitar out when we are all together. But it was the first time that us siblings have done something all by ourselves.

IMGP8638

It was a bit of a whirlwind… we had a week to pull together an hour-long set-list, take photos, and come up with a name!!

Willow Tree came to me one night when I was dropping off to sleep. I looked it up and found Isaiah 44:3-4:

3 For I will pour water on the thirsty land,
   and streams on the dry ground;
I will pour out my Spirit on your offspring,
   and my blessing on your descendants.
4 They will spring up like grass in a meadow,
   like willow trees by flowing streams.

Perfect. I love that it suits us, and has a meaning.

IMGP8645

We mainly did covers… Brooke Fraser, Taylor Swift, Dixie Chicks… and Jordan even did a solo Switchfoot number (and was awesome!).

It was so much fun. We won our battle with the nerves, and from all accounts, I think we managed to pull off a pretty fabulous set.

IMGP8699

I absolutely loved performing with my sisters and brother. I was proud of us, and I REALLY hope we can do it again some time.

(Plus it’s pretty cool that we can say we were the support act for the Walmsley Brothers!! – even if they are our cousins!)

IMGP8722

1 comment:

  1. Wow Zoey! I wish I could have been there, I really love it when you all sing!! Looking forward to a performance at Camp Buma this year (you know, if you guys haven't got too famous by then!)

    xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you!!

 

Blog Template by YummyLolly.com