Sunday 4 March 2012

A Peek At My Week

My Photo Stream11

Another week, another blog post! It’s been mostly the same-old-same old this week for the Friends. Another busy work-filled week, with snippets of family wherever we can squeeze them in.

I put in my leave notice for work this week, and I have an official end-date: April 20. So that’s 7 more weeks of work, and 2 of those are school holidays! Crazy stuff! I’m so excited, I can’t wait to be home with my girl.

Speaking of the girl, she had a very exciting dance class this week. Not only did she get given a special part for the concert at the end of the year, but she also won one of the prizes that get given out each week. Hers was for being a fabulous listener. I was a very proud Mama to hear her name being called out for the prize. She was grinning from ear to ear for the rest of the day. Her prize was a pencil with a rainbow rubber attached, and it has been used to create many wonderful pictures this week.

I reached the 31 week mark of my pregnancy this week, and can’t believe that the weekly countdown is into single digits. I guess at some point soon we should get rid of the rest of those boxes out of our spare room, and start to turn it into the baby’s room! I was having a look back through my blog of when I was pregnant with Mayana, and we definitely had the nursery arranged by this point. I feel a bit slack. Hopefully Baby Two doesn’t feel too neglected. I hit the local library to try and find some birthing information and was quite underwhelmed at their range of pregnancy books. They had two shelves of books on menopause, and about half a shelf of pregnancy-related books, and quite a number of those were midwifery textbooks. So hopefully I can find some child-birthing mojo in one of them!

Mayana and I took a whirlwind road trip to Mundubbera yesterday to celebrate her second cousin Keira’s second birthday. Peter had to stay home to go to a First Aid course for work, so it was just us girls. We had a good day, and Mayana was a good traveller. I myself and still recovering from the nearly 5 hours of driving I did yesterday, but it was totally worth it.

Today we’ve had a lazy afternoon. We had plans to go to the beach, but once again the weather threw a spanner in the works, despite Mayana’s earnest and heart-felt prayers for the rain to stop. So we did lots of ‘making’ (painting/collage etc), watched TV and ate potato gems for lunch. It was nice to have a lazy afternoon after our busy week. It’s pouring here at the moment, and I’m looking forward to going to sleep to the sound of the rain on our roof. It’s one of my favourite things.

Hope you had a great weekend too!

Zoey x

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you!!

 

Blog Template by YummyLolly.com