Monday 21 May 2012

{Point + Shoot} A Crazy Weekend

This weekend we had a baby shower to go to. In Brisbane. Which is about 4.5 hours from where we live. Quite ambitious for a little family with a four week old baby, no?

We stopped for a sleepover at my parent’s (about half way) on Friday night, then hit the road again in the morning. The baby shower was for our very good friend Katherine, who is expecting her and Daniel’s first baby in about four weeks. We are very excited, and it was well worth the big weekend!

IMG_0897

I got creative with wrapping my baby shower present.. and used a blanket! No one knows whether the baby is a boy or a girl (Mayana has put in her bet for a girl), so I used blue and pink ribbon.

IMG_0898

Daniel & Katherine are Mayana’s Godparents, and she loves seeing them. We had a lovely afternoon and evening with them, and ate delicious Indian food.

IMG_0906

Katherine’s 36 week bump is looking gorgeous! Next time we are all together we will have three children between us!

IMG_0902

On Sunday morning we headed to church with my family, three of whom were on the worship team. My little bro Jordan did a fabulous job at leading, Alexie debuted with her ukulele (which we all chipped in for as her birthday gift), and Papa was on bass. It was a great service.

IMG_0904

After church we had a lunch date with friends in beautiful Kenilworth, and my husband treated me to this delicious pumpkin cheesecake. I’m officially on the hunt for a recipe, because it was a.maz.ing. Seriously.

And then it was home again! We are laying low today, recovering from our big weekend. And looking forward to a quiet one next week!

I’m playing along with the lovely Lou for Point + Shoot… you should too!!

1 comment:

  1. Looks like the drive was worth it to have a little family getaway :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you!!

 

Blog Template by YummyLolly.com