Monday 11 May 2015

I'm baaaack!

Hello world!
Does anyone still read this old thing? We have been without a properly working computer for about six months now and blogging from an iPad is painful, so alas and lack, I have become a rather absentee blogger.

And yet; here I am! That is because my (slightly insane) husband bought me a flipping MacBook Pro for Mother's Day yesterday. After I unequivocally made it clear that this would NOT be setting a new bar for gift-giving, I graciously accepted my VERY generous gift, and here I am... with a computer that actually talks to the network and internet... how novel!

Now it's just a matter of getting my blogging mojo back. I have plenty of stories to tell, but finding the time to sit and tell them may be another matter, so let's see how we go.

I thought I'd start off by catching you all up on life in the Friend house. Life goes on, much too quickly for my liking, and the kids are growing like weeds.

My beautiful Quinny-Bean turned one in March. One! Can you believe? He has six teeth (four at the top, two at the bottom) and runs faster than I can catch up with most of the time. He started walking just before his birthday, and once he started there was no stopping him. He's a gorgeous little fella, he's pretty chilled out, though has a much louder voice than his siblings and doesn't like to stand for too much badgering from them that's for certain! He's a lovely little boy, who charms everyone he meets.

Quin is learning lots of tricks from his brother...

Reuben turned three in April. He is a real boy's boy. He likes all the boy things... dinosaurs, trains, trucks, cars, making LOUD noises. He is rough and tumble, incredibly mischievous, cheeky as anything, and completely adorable. His EoE is well under control at the moment, and keeping him off wheat, dairy, eggs and peanuts has helped him to avoid a flare-up for quite a few months now! He is scheduled to see the immunologist in October, and I'm interested to see what comes from that. He goes to kindy one day a week and loves it.

Reuben and I on his third birthday. This photo sums up his personality beautifully.

Mayana, my big girl, is now SIX! She is in grade one and jumping ahead in leaps and bounds. She loves school, and works hard. She is up to level 19 readers, nearly finished sight words, and her teacher had only wonderful things to say about her at our parent-teacher interview. She's still our social butterfly, and is never happier than when surrounded by friends. This year she has started a few extra-curriculars, and thoroughly enjoys both Girl's Brigade and Calisthenics. She still loves her 'making', and our house is always brimming with her creations.

Could she be any more beautiful!?

And Pete and I are well! We moved house last October, into another old Queenslander, which we are renting from my parent's. In essence, we get to treat the home as our own, and Peter and my dad are constantly planning their next project for the house. Pete has so far painted the entire living area, and next on the list is Mayana's bedroom. I've started doing relief teaching again, and am enjoying the one or two days a week work. I love relief teaching; getting experience with so many different age groups and picking up ideas from various classrooms and teachers. I'm still into all my crafting (which is obviously where Mayana gets it from) and crochet is still my hobby of choice, although I have been getting back into my sewing machine a bit too. My other hobby is creating allergy-free food alternatives for Reuben. I have in fact started a Facebook page to share my recipes, which you can find here if you're interested in following along!

My SUPER family. More on this later, promise.

So there you go, our 2015 so far in a nutshell... We are well, healthy, happy; life is good.

And hopefully, you'll be seeing more of me in the coming months!!

Ciao for now!

2 comments:

  1. Nice to see you back! I love reading about what your family is up to. So glad to hear Reuben's tummy issues are under control. What a relief!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Sami! It is a relief for sure! Much easier to manage his diet than a sick boy.

      Delete

Thank you!!

 

Blog Template by YummyLolly.com